THREE VITAL ELEMENTS OF EFFECTIVE WEBSITE DESIGN
ONE IS OKAY. TWO IS BETTER. YOU GET ALL THREE WHEN YOU WORK WITH US:
AUDIENCE. This is the most important element of your website strategy. Here’s why:
- “You can’t be a choice if no one knows you’re a choice.” It’s our favorite quote because it’s so true — and yet, many small business owners forget that the primary function of their website is to bring the right people to their business. If no one knows what you do or why you do it, the rest doesn’t matter.
- “The right eyeballs are important.” Back in the early days of the dot-com boom, website owners spent millions driving tons of traffic to their sites. But they quickly discovered that not all eyeballs are the right eyeballs. Because if your website visitor isn’t interested in what you do, it’s a much more difficult challenge to sell them your product or service. Driving the right traffic to your website is part of Search Engine Optimization — and we build that into each and every site we design, from the beginning.
OFFER. The second-most-important element of your website strategy. Here’s why:
- “Have a clear value proposition.” Have you ever watched a television commercial and afterward wondered what they were selling? What was the point? You don’t want your website visitors to wonder what you do, or what your unique value proposition is. This is a big reason why you don’t need a website designer, you need a digital marketer who knows website design. See the difference? So will your customers.
- “Have a clear call to action.” In your business, you already know the truth of this axiom. The best salespeople always ask for the business. It’s great when a prospect marches in and just tells you they’re ready to buy. But that happens only rarely. Your website must ask for the business and a big part of that is understanding buyers’ journies, sales funnels, and the all-important CTA button. Digital marketers understand this. Website designers? Meh. Not so much.
DESIGN. The last of the holy trinity is last for a reason. Here’s why:
- “Good design puts your best foot forward.” Let’s face it: a website isn’t just a nicety in today’s digital world, it’s a necessity. 88% of buyers go online to research their next purchase decision before they ever set foot in your store or call you at your office. That’s nearly 9-out-of-10. So yes, a good design helps provide your business the credibility it needs to help position you as the right choice for your buyer.
- “User experience is important.” Your website can easily get in the way of effective selling. Put yourself in the shoes of your digital prospect and view your site through their eyes. Are you making it easy to do business with you? Effective website design is more than just pretty pictures and colors; it’s about building an experience that leads your customers and prospects on their journey toward their next purchase decision. We are digital marketers and we understand the importance of good website design.
As important as good website design is for effective selling, if you haven’t nailed the first two vital elements of gathering the right audience and presenting a clear and compelling value proposition, your website design won’t matter.
Our transparent process ensures you get what you need to be successful online. The most critical first step is simply to chat with us about your business goals. From there, we proceed step-by-step with a process we like to call “thoughtful execution.”
It all begins with a phone call. No obligations, no commitments. We’ll ask some questions and do a lot of listening. If we’re a fit, you’ll have a concrete proposal that scopes the work to be done. No money changes hands at this stage.
Using what we learned from the consultation, we draft a mockup of the home page for your review. We listen to your feedback and revise as needed until you’re satisfied. The agreement is signed and the down payment begins the build.
Your website design includes graphics and photos that make your site uniquely yours. Each page includes up to two rounds of revisions that incorporate your feedback to make it just right. You can be as hands-on as your like in this phase.
It’s exciting to launch a new site! We approach the process very carefully in order to keep downtime to a minimum. Mapping your old urls to the new page content is very important and is a step often skipped by website designers.