Once upon a time, my grandmother would watch tv consistently with a little notepad and pen within easy reach. Why? She could quickly jot down the 800-number of goods she saw on TV and wanted to purchase.
Such impulses were the first roots of what we currently know as micro-moments — and with the penetration of smartphones within the united states today exceeding 64%, micro-moments are more actionable than ever.
- 66 percent of smartphone users turn to their phone to look up something that they found in a TV commercial;
- 82 percent of smartphone users used their phone if you are searching for a local company;
- 91 percent of smartphone users turn to their phone to get ideas while performing a job;
- 82 percent of smartphone users consult their phones while in a shop deciding what to purchase.
So what are a few of the take-aways of the trend?
- Mobile-friendly sites: if you have been postponing a web site redesign wait no more. When you pull the trigger, make certain the layout incorporates responsive technology to be consistent from platform to platform.
- Content is king: to catch the technical micro-moments applicable to your services and products, be sure your site is well-stocked with SEO-optimized articles about the best way best to accomplish tasks, compare benefits and features and find your places easily on the smaller display of mobile devices;
- Use geo-location: the attractiveness of mobile devices is the inherent geo-location that’s built in. If prospects are looking for what you provide and they’re within a radius of your location, your advertisement should be emerging within the programs your prospects are already utilizing.
It’s an electronic world and when your organization isn’t mobile-friendly, you’re leaving business on the table. The great news? Implementing mobile-friendly advertising solutions does not have to break the bank. All it requires is a little strategic planning and”thoughtful implementation” and your company can ride the wave of the micro-moments your prospects are engaged in right now.
About the author: David Eldred is the President and Chief Brand Technologist of Sine Cera Marketing, a boutique advertising consulting practice based in Sherwood, Oregon. Sine Cera specializes in helping companies create and optimize their electronic existence – as well as supplying a complete array of marketing consulting services, including social networking marketing, social marketing, search engine optimization, site design and mobile marketing solutions.